— Feria Sexta post Dominicam Quartam in Quadragesima — Statio ad S. Eusebium —
Sant’Eusebio is a titular church in Rome, devoted to Saint Eusebius of Rome, a 4th-century martyr, and built in the Esquilino rione.
The church is first mentioned in 474, by an inscription in the catacombs of Saints Marcellino e Pietro ad duas Lauros, and recorded as the Titulus Eusebii in the acts of the 499 synod. It was consecrated “in honorem beatorum Eusebii et Vincentii” by Pope Gregory IX, after the restoration of 1238. The Romanesque style, dating back to this restoration, survived to the restorations of the 17th, 18th, and 20th centuries.
The Titulus Sancti Eusebii is held by Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, Archbishop of Galveston-Houston in Texas, US.
The main altar has custody of the relics of St Eusebius of Rome, who is supposed to have commissioned and financed construction of the church in the 4th century. The church is supposedly built on the site of his house.